How to get Early Years Teacher Trainer Status

How to get Early Years Teacher Trainer Status

1174 views | Veronica | 17-05-2021

Do you wish to make a difference in the lives of people within your career and shape high-quality early years practice? Then keep reading along and we’ll guide you with the requirements and details of early years teacher trainer qualification.

The Early Years Teacher Status (EYTS) programme, also known as Early Years Initial Training is an award for those who wish to become experts in the 0-5 early years foundation stage to get into teaching early years. 

Depending on your qualifications and experience level, you can either go for a one-year full-time or part-time employment-based programme. A self-funded Assessment Only route to EYTS is also an option. 

However, to teach at the primary level, you require Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) to the degree of your choice, whether in beauty training, construction, or even engineering. Click on How to get QTS which has been explained in detail. 

Training routes

There are three training routes to get into teaching early years, these include the Graduate route, Employment-based graduate route and MA Education (Early Years).

  1. The graduate route is a full-time work route suitable for those with a degree in any subject or equivalent with an urge to work in childcare.
  2. The employment-based graduate route is suitable if you are a graduate who is currently employed in early years setting and wish to qualify as an Early Year Teacher and continue working in practice.
  3. MA Education (Early Years): Trainees that are on the Graduate Employment-based (part-time) or Graduate full-time routes of EYTS are automatically registered on MA Education (Early Years). 

Towards the end of Phase one, trainees may choose to graduate with Post Graduate Diploma or move to MA Education (Early Years) phase two and gain the remaining 90 credits by completing Researching Education module and Dissertation module.

Considering a trainer qualification is mandatory to be able to become an early years teacher. Anyone delivering training in a work setting should hold a recognised teaching qualification and train the trainer qualification. It is recommended for anyone who delivers training in a workplace environment to opt for the Level 3 Award in Education and Training. This Level 3 Award in Education and Training is the basic training course required for teaching or training anywhere in the public sector as well as the private training industry, FE colleges and HE institutions. 

Regardless of whether you wish to be a personal trainer, beauty trainer or construction trainer, this course is a great entryway for you to get into teaching.

This entry-level teaching qualification is suitable for anyone who wishes to deliver training to adults in a wide variety of sectors. To be able to become an early years educator, this course is designed to teach you how to pass the knowledge on to others by delivering inclusive training that is well-prepared, delivered and assessed professionally.

Moreover, a Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training is suitable for you if you already have some experience in teaching or training and are looking to get into early years teacher training. By doing this course you will become a trainer in your specialist area and will be qualified to teach up to Level 4 courses. This course is a great entryway for you to retrain to teach!

The ELN Level 4 Certificate in Education & Training course is accredited by NOCN and Edexcel Pearson. This course leads to Associate Teacher Status with the Society for Education and Training.

Please schedule a call with one of our Tutors to decide which route is the best for you. To book a slot, email us at [email protected]

Share this Post

Related Articles

  • What is Postgraduate Certificate in Education?

    What is Postgraduate Certificate in Education?

    PGCE is an acronym for Postgraduate Certificate in Education. The PGCE enables you to be a professional teacher and is useful for individuals looking to get into training. It is a worldwide recognised qualification which you can easily get in England, Northern Ireland and Wales. It is equivalent to a Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) in Scotland.

  • Should I do the PGCE or DET?

    Should I do the PGCE or DET?

    PGCE and DET are both initial teacher training (ITT) qualifications that teachers and trainers take on to progress in their careers. Now the question is, which qualification is the best for you? If you’ve been wondering “Should I do the PGCE or DET?” then you will find all the answers below.

Comments (0)