A Guide to the PTLLS Qualification
The PTLLS qualification is now called the Level 3 Award in Education and Training (AET). It is an online train-the-trainer course. This online course qualifies you to train 16-year and older learners in your specialist area. It includes all fundamental teaching techniques, such as lesson planning, assessment methods, classroom management, and other techniques.
Is the level 3 PTLLS course online still valid?
In 2013, the PTLLS course was replaced by the Level 3 Award in Education and Training. So, what has changed other than the name? Not much…. although they did make the micro-teach requirement flexible now. So now you have to be ‘involved’ in micro-teaching for 60 minutes. You have to teach for 15 mins and observe at least 3 other people doing their microteach for 15 mins each.
What can I do with the PTLLS qualification?
With our PTLLS training qualification, you qualify to become a trainer in your specialist area. Therefore, to upgrade your career, our online qualification is the right way forward.
This online training qualification is suitable for you to get into teaching and training regardless of whether you wish to be a personal trainer, beauty trainer, construction trainer, first aid instructor, hospitality trainer, or an SIA trainer. Hence, this route into teaching is a great qualification anywhere in the UK, including Scotland, for being a trainer in your specialist area.
Our PTLLS teaching course is best for:
- Trainers beginning their careers in training NVQ, QCF, RQF type courses in their specialist sector.
- Salon owners who want to start training their own staff.
- Private security professionals who want to teach SIA courses.
- Medical professionals like doctors, nurses, dental hygienists, etc., who are hoping to get into training.
- Employees who are required to conduct some training in their workplace in their specialist area.
Are you wondering which train the trainer course is for you? Listen to our podcast ELN Ed Chat, Trainer Training Course Should I Choose? Here our training team discusses their own training journeys and which training courses you should go for.
What is the course outline for the online PTLLS course?
There are three mandatory units in the Award in Education and Training. These are:
- Unit 1: Roles, Responsibilities, and Relationships in Education and Training
- Unit 2: Using and Delivering Inclusive Learning and Teaching Approaches in Lifelong Learning
- Unit 3: Understanding Assessment in Education and Training
This course for teachers is based on the assessment strategy and qualification structures originally devised by Lifelong Learning UK (LLUK). However, the Society for Education and Training (SET) now supports this qualification and works across vocational training and post-16 Education. The Award is accredited and recognised by well-known Awarding Bodies in the UK, the Middle East, and parts of Europe.
Take a first step towards your training career, and sign up for the Level 3 Award in Education and Training (PTLLS) course today!
Contact Us for any information regarding our train the trainer courses.