This course is ideal for educators, clinicians, counsellors, therapists, medical staff, family and employers. Basically anyone who deals with persons on this spectrum.
In this course we will consider a range of practical approaches, interventions, tools for identifying triggers that enable person on the autism spectrum to access learning, participate actively, experience success and gain independence.
What will you learn through the ELN’s Autism Spectrum CPD course?
- You will learn about the causes, symptoms, diagnostics tools, research-based interventions, and will cover autism spectrum disorder from birth to adulthood.
- Learn to use evidence-based practices to provide effective interventions and explore typical strengths and weaknesses of individuals on the spectrum in relation to identified impairments.
- Understanding the characteristics of autism spectrum disorder and their implications for behaviour, learning and the ability to process information is critical.
Core skills: There are no formal entry requirements for this training course however candidate must have reading and writing skills in order to complete the course.
Access to Internet using a laptop / pc / tablet using up to date Windows, Android or Apple operating systems.
Would you like to read more about our Autism Spectrum Disorder CPD course? Download our course brochure now!
Units and Learning Outcomes
- Introduction to Special Educational Needs
- Types of Special Educational Needs
- Myths & Facts about Special Educational Needs
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Teaching Strategies for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Myths & Facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Indicators of Autism Spectrum Disorder
Participants are required to complete an online quiz at the end of the course