Learning Difficulties in Classrooms course, also considered to be a special education teacher course, is best situated for teachers who need hands-on support to deal with multiple special needs in one classroom. If you specifically work with learners on the autism spectrum, our Autism Spectrum Disorder will be a great resource for you to study.
This is a five-hour, fifty credit introductory course that is taught through online resources. There is a downloadable certificate once you complete the final test.
What will you learn?
Participants will critically examine current theory and practices associated with supporting the design of quality programs implemented for students with additional learning needs in multiple learning contexts. To widen the scope of your profession in special needs teacher training, you can also learn more about Teaching Students with Sensory and Physical Impairments.
This course is suitable for teachers or trainers in any type of educational setting who would like to learn more about recognising when their learners are having difficulty and how to deal with the different possible difficulties.
Focusing on Learning Difficulties in Classrooms CPD course is available for all candidates who fulfil the following criteria:
Age range: 18+
Core skills: There are no formal entry requirements for this training course however candidate must have reading and writing skills in order to complete the course.
Access to Internet using a laptop / pc / tablet using up to date Windows, Android or Apple operating systems.
Would you like to read more about our Focusing on Learning Difficulties in Classrooms CPD course? Download our course brochure now!
Units and Learning Outcomes
- Understand special educational needs
- Learning difficulties
- Signs & symptoms of learning disabilities
- Factors and General Sign & Symptoms of Learning Difficulties
- Different types of learning difficulties for example Dyslexia, Dyspraxia / DCD, Dysgraphia & Dyscalculia.
- A.D.D / A.D.H.D. the causes, symptoms and diagnosis.
- Coping strategies for students with learning difficulties
- Effective strategies for managing SEN's in the classroom
- General awareness of Other Learning Disabilities, i.e Auditory Processing Disorder (APD), Language Processing Disorder, Non-Verbal Learning Disabilities, Intellectual Disabilities and a few more.
Participants are required to complete an online quiz at the end of the course