One Off Purchase
Principles and Practices of Teaching Online course is developed to assist teachers in organising time, materials, managing individual and large-group student behaviours, transitions and other arrangements while Teaching Online. Developing Learning Programmes is another CPD course that has strategies to create a Learning Programme from stratch.
Who can take up this course?
The teaching online course caters to teachers teaching for years or new teachers starting their careers.
If you're trying to gain a better understanding of how to plan lessons to cater to student needs, check out our Stages of Teacher Training Cycle CPD course. Our Roles and Responsibilities CPD course is also a fantastic resource to understand the responsibilities of a teacher.
You get into teaching by doing the Level 3 AET course which is a great suit for the private training industry, FE colleges and HE institutions.
This course is a thirty-minute three-credit CPD course. There is a downloadable certificate once you pass the final test.
What you'll learn:
- An insight into teaching online and managing a group of students remotely.
- You will learn more about the changes in legislation after Face-to-face teaching shifted to remote teaching.
- Meeting individual learner need through use of various platforms and resources in online teaching
- Conducting initial and diagnostic assessments while teaching online
Teaching Online CPD Requirements
Core skills: There are no formal entry requirements for this training course however candidate must have reading and writing skills in order to complete the course.
Access to Internet using a laptop / pc / tablet using up to date Windows, Android or Apple operating systems.
Teaching Online CPD Outline
- Key differences between online and face to face delivery
- Maintaining a safe and supportive learning environment
- Promoting appropriate behaviour & respect for others
- Legal issues, policies and procedures relevant to the teaching online
- Identifying and meeting individual learner needs in an online learning environment
- Use of initial and diagnostic assessment when planning teaching sessions online
Teaching Online CPD Assessment
Participants are required to complete an online quiz at the end of the course.