Principles and Practices of Teaching Online course is developed to assist teachers in organising time, materials, managing individual and large-group student behaviours, transitions and other arrangements while Teaching Online. Developing Learning Programmes is another CPD course that has strategies to create a Learning Programme from stratch.
Who can take up this course?
The course caters to teachers teaching for years or new teachers starting their careers.
If you're trying to gain a better understanding of how to plan lessons to cater to student needs, check out our Stages of Teacher Training Cycle CPD course. Our Roles and Responsibilities CPD course is also a fantastic resource to understand the responsibilities of a teacher.
You get into teaching by doing the Level 3 Award in Education and Training which is a great suit for the private training industry, FE colleges and HE institutions.
This course is a thirty-minute three-credit CPD course. There is a downloadable certificate once you pass the final test.
What you'll learn:
- An insight into teaching online and managing a group of students remotely.
- You will learn more about the changes in legislation after Face-to-face teaching shifted to remote teaching.
- Meeting individual learner need through use of various platforms and resources in online teaching
- Conducting initial and diagnostic assessments while teaching online
Core skills: There are no formal entry requirements for this training course however candidate must have reading and writing skills in order to complete the course.
Access to Internet using a laptop / pc / tablet using up to date Windows, Android or Apple operating systems.
Units and Learning Outcomes
- Key differences between online and face to face delivery
- Maintaining a safe and supportive learning environment
- Promoting appropriate behaviour & respect for others
- Legal issues, policies and procedures relevant to the teaching online
- Identifying and meeting individual learner needs in an online learning environment
- Use of initial and diagnostic assessment when planning teaching sessions online
Participants are required to complete an online quiz at the end of the course.