The course examines what is coaching, role modeling, keys to effective coaching and mentoring, types of mentoring, mentoring styles and values in coaching and mentoring.
This course is a four-hour, forty-credit CPD course. There is a downloadable certificate once you complete the online test.
At the end you will get a downloadable CPD certificate from ELN.
This course is a thirty-minute three-credit CPD course. There is a downloadable certificate once you complete the online test.
What you'll learn:
- During the duration of the course you will be able to interact with the e-learning interface and complete various activities, watch videos, access articles and a final exam or exercise.
Access to Internet using a laptop / pc / tablet using up to date Windows, Android or Apple operating systems.
Units and Learning Outcomes
- Understand the context, principles and difference of Coaching, Mentoring, role modelling and their ground rules.
- Understand Legal requirements, source of referral and ethical and legal issues related to Coaching & Mentoring
- Understand techniques and criteria of minimising barriers and maintaining a Mentoring relationship with the next generation
- Understand how Coaching and Mentoring benefits and impacts individuals learning and development
- Understand how to manage ethical and professional standards in Coaching and Mentoring relationships
- Principles to provide a safe, comfortable environment, positive feedback and building trust
Participants are required to complete an online quiz at the end of the course.