One Off Purchase
Students with sensory disabilities such as those who are blind, visually impaired, deaf, or hearing impaired often bring auxiliary aids and adaptive equipment to the classroom. Aids assist in gaining access to the classroom; however, they do not ensure success.
The classroom instructor is responsible for considering the needs of every student when teaching. The course focuses on different kinds of impairments, discusses the defining characteristics and specific needs of students, and shares some researched based interventions and strategies to promote positive behaviour and help learners develop required skills.
If you wish to learn more about research and practices regarding teaching learners with special needs besides sensory impairments, our Focusing on Learning Difficulties in Classrooms CPD course will be helpful. Furthermore, if you specifically work with learners on the autism spectrum, our Autism Spectrum Disorder CPD course will be a great resource for you!
This valuable course shows teachers how they can teach in a highly effective manner that will foster the independence of students with visual and hearing impairments in a mainstream classroom.
There is a downloadable certificate once you pass the final test.
Core skills: There are no formal entry requirements for this training course however candidate must have reading and writing skills in order to complete the course.
Access to Internet using a laptop / pc / tablet using up to date Windows, Android or Apple operating systems.
Would you like to read more about our Teaching Students with Sensory and Physical Impairments CPD course? Download our course brochure now!
Units and Learning Outcomes
- What are Special Educational Needs
- Types of Special Educational Needs
- Introduction to Sensory and Physical Impairments
- Signs & Symptoms to Sensory & Physical Impairments
- How to Effectively Teach Students with Sensory & Physical Impairments
- What are Effective Management Strategies for Students with Sensory & Physical Impairments
- Sensory processing disorder
- Types and causes for Physical Impairment
- Teaching strategies for students with sensory and physical impairments
Participants are required to complete an online quiz at the end of the course