One Off Purchase
Who should do this Autism Awareness Course?
This Autism course is ideal for educators, clinicians, counsellors, therapists, medical staff, family, and employers. Basically, anyone who deals with persons on this spectrum.
In this autism course, we will consider a range of practical approaches, interventions, tools for identifying triggers that enable a person on the Autism Spectrum to access learning, participate actively, experience success, and gain independence. Teachers for autistic children and adults must be well versed in handling the special needs of learners in their classroom.
If you deal with students with a range of SENs then, check out our SENs in the Classroom CPD course. Our Teaching Appropriate Behaviours and Effective Coping Skills CPD course is also a great resource if you wish to develop an inclusive classroom and help learners develop coping skills.
Furthermore, if you're looking to gain a more holistic understanding of how to teach students with sensory impairments, our Teaching Students with Sensory and Physical Impairments when dealing CPD course would be of great help to you too.
What will you learn through the ELN’s ASD awareness course?
- You will learn about the causes, symptoms, diagnostics tools, research-based interventions, and will cover ASD from birth to adulthood.
- Learn to use evidence-based practices to provide effective interventions and explore typical strengths and weaknesses of individuals on the spectrum in relation to identified impairments.
- Understanding the characteristics of ASD and its implications for behaviour, learning and the ability to process information is critical.
Course Duration: 1 month
Autism Spectrum Disorder CPD Requirements
Core skills: There are no formal entry requirements for this training course however candidate must have reading and writing skills in order to complete the course.
Access to Internet using a laptop / pc / tablet using up to date Windows, Android or Apple operating systems.
Would you like to read more about our Autism Spectrum Disorder CPD course? Download our course brochure now!
Autism Spectrum Disorder CPD Outline
- What is Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Types of Autism
- Signs and Symptoms of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- The difficulties of diagnosing Autism
- Coping Strategies for Autism
- Calming Strategies for Autism
- Triad of Impairments
- Teaching Strategies for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Myths & Facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder
- The framework of SPELL and TEACCH
- Strategies to make the Class Environment and Surroundings more Autism-friendly and Accessible
- Difficulties faced and Forms of Communicating with individuals with Autism
- High Functioning Autism
- Difference between Autism and Asperger’s syndrome
- Communication difficulties and Different forms of communication used by individuals with autism
- The Nemechek Protocol
- Indicators of Autism Spectrum Disorder
Autism Spectrum Disorder CPD Assessment
Participants are required to complete an online quiz at the end of the course