Level 3 AET (PTLLS) Course Overview
Can I get into training with this Level 3 AET Course?
This Level 3 Award in Education & Training is the basic training course required for training (+16 year olds) anywhere in the public sector as well as the private training industry, and FE colleges. PTLLS training is acceptable in the UK and far beyond. AET course requires no prior teaching experience and no access to actual teaching in a classroom. So it is suitable for beginners and experienced trainers alike.
Once you do this Level 3 Award in Education and Training, you can teach up to level 3 courses.
If you want to get into teaching in schools then check our school teaching course here.
What can I teach after doing this AET Qualification / PTLLS Qualification?
Doing this Award in Education and Training Level 3 will qualify you to teach any course in your specialist area so it is a great course to do if you want to teach up to Level 3 courses. Regardless of whether you wish to go into teaching beauty, manual handling trainer, construction trainer, professional sales trainer, fall protection train the trainer or more, this course is a great opportunity for you to get into training. This course is also ideal as a first aid trainer course.
If you're looking for info on how to become an SIA trainer, this Level 3 PTLLS course is part of the requirements, for more details please visit this page. The Level 3 Award in Education and Training is also ideal for people who wish to get into training / teaching sector.
Why choose ELN for your PTLLS course?
- Unlimited Personal Tutor support
- ISO 9001 and ISO 29993 certification - quality assured for your peace of mind
- Live Tutorials on Zoom with Peer Discussions
- Interest Free Monthly Instalments - get full access to the course and tutor on first payment
- No Hidden Charges
- Group Discounts - email on [email protected] straight away
- Quick Certification - due to Direct Claims Status with all our Awarding Bodies
- Pearson Edexcel / NOCN accreditation - 2 of the largest Awarding Bodies in the UK and abroad
Our core purpose is to help you get your PTLLS qualifications, through our online AET course, which can boost your training career. We are waiting to help you! Click on the webchat or Contact us today!
Course Credits: 12
Course Duration: 6 months
This ptlls course is suitable for those beginning their careers in training NVQ, QCF, RQF type courses in their specialist sector.
This online ptlls course is suitable if you want to teach Level 3 courses or below in your specialist area. You will need to have competence in your subject area alongside this qualification to become a trainer in your field.
No previous experience or current training job required to do this AET course.
You can do this AET course if you do not teach regulated qualifications but may need to fulfil the requirement of having a teaching training qualification eg. managers training staff.
This course can be used as a pathway to the Level 4 Certificate in E&T however, this is not a requirement. If you are serious about training as a career and teach adults or in a higher education setting, the Level 5 DET is ideal for you.
Level 3 AET (PTLLS) Online Course Requirements
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training (PTLLS) online course is available for all candidates who fulfil the following criteria:
Age range: 19+
Core skills: There are no formal entry requirements for this training course however candidate must have reading and writing skills in order to complete the course
Access to Internet using a laptop / pc / tablet using up to date Windows, Android or Apple operating systems.
You will need to video record and send a 15-minute microteach session on any topic with any 3 people over the age of 16 to complete this level 3 award in education.
PTLLS Online Course Brochure
Would you like to read more detail about our Level 3 AET/PTLLS course? Download our course brochure now!
AET / PTLLS Course Tutors
Tony is one of ELN's most popular tutors for AET, CET and sometimes the Assessor courses too. He has been involved in training since the mid 1990’s and has experience in both the private and public sector. He has taught a variety of subjects including Engineering, Explosives, Advanced Driving & Riding and Professional Development. During his time in the industry, Tony worked with a number of universities where he sat on a number of boards advising on course development, gave lectures and sponsored projects. When Tony is not in the classroom (or online!) he enjoys the outdoor life and is happiest when riding his Ducati.
Farheen is an integral part of the content and training team at ELN. She has an expansive experience in the field of teaching, stretching over 12 years, various countries and a variety of specialised and mainstream schools. Her specialty is in learning disabilities and remedial assistance, owing to her Masters Degree in Special Education. Farheen is also a cancer survivor, a difficult journey that led to long-term complications but she believes it has made her even stronger mentally and more positive. It taught her patience and gratitude. She is focused on constantly advancing her career despite all limitations. Farheen is happiest surrounded by family and passionate about equal rights for all and art.
Level 3 AET / PTLLS Course Outline
- Understand the teaching role and responsibilities in education and training
- Explain the teaching role and responsibilities in education and training
- Summarise key aspects of legislation, regulatory requirements and codes of practice relating to own role and responsibilities
- Explain ways to promote equality and value diversity. Explain why it is important to identify and meet individual learner needs
- Understand ways to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment
- Explain ways to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment
- Explain why it is important to promote appropriate behaviour and respect for others
- Understand the relationships between teachers and other professionals in education and training
- Explain how the teaching role involves working with other professionals
- Explain the boundaries between the teaching role and other professional roles
- Describe points of referral to meet the individual needs of learners
- Understand inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
- Describe features of inclusive teaching and learning
- Compare the strengths and limitations of teaching and learning approaches used in own area of specialism in relation to meeting individual learner needs
- Explain why it is important to provide opportunities for learners to develop their English, mathematics, ICT and wider skills
- Understand ways to create an inclusive teaching and learning environment
- Explain why it is important to create an inclusive teaching and learning environment
- Explain why it is important to select teaching and learning approaches, resources and assessment methods to meet individual learner needs
- Explain ways to engage and motivate learners
- Summarise ways to establish ground rules with learners
- Be able to plan inclusive teaching and learning
- Devise an inclusive teaching and learning plan
- Justify own selection of teaching and learning approaches, resources and assessment methods in relation to meeting individual learner needs
- Be able to deliver inclusive teaching and learning
- Use teaching and learning approaches, resources and assessment methods to meet individual learner needs
- Communicate with learners in ways that meet their individual needs
- Provide constructive feedback to learners to meet their individual needs
- Be able to evaluate the delivery of inclusive teaching and learning
- Review the effectiveness of own delivery of inclusive teaching and learning
- Identify areas for improvement in own delivery of inclusive teaching and learning
- Understand types and methods of assessment used in education and training
- Explain the purposes of types of assessment used in education and training
- Describe characteristics of different methods of assessment in education and training
- Compare the strengths and limitations of different assessment methods in relation to meeting individual learner needs.
- Explain how different assessment methods can be adapted to meet individual learner needs.
- Understand how to involve learners and others in the assessment process
- Explain why it is important to involve learners and others in the assessment process
- Explain the role and use of peer and self-assessment in the assessment process
- Identify sources of information that should be made available to learners and others involved in the assessment process
- Understand the role and use of constructive feedback in the assessment process
- Describe key features of constructive feedback
- Explain how constructive feedback contributes to the assessment process
- Explain ways to give constructive feedback to learners
- Understand requirements for keeping records of assessment in education and training
- Explain the need to keep records of assessment of learning
- Summarise the requirements for keeping records of assessment in an organisation
L3 Teaching Qualification Assignments
Unit 1: Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Education and Training
3 x short essay style assignments and 1 x peer discussion.
Unit 2: Using and Delivering Inclusive Learning and Teaching Approaches in Lifelong Learning
3 x short essay style assignments and 1 x peer discussion for the theory part.
1 x session plan, tutor observation report, peer feedbacks and self-evaluation. You will need to video record and send for assessment a 15-minute microteach session with at least 3 participants over the age of 16. The microteach can be on any topic.
Unit 3: Understanding Assessment in Education and Training
4 x short essay style assignments and 1 x peer discussion.
Level 3 Award in Education and Training (PTLLS) FAQs
The microteach is a 15-20 minute session that can be done on any topic as teaching practice evidence for the Level 3 Award in Education and Training.
Both Pearson Edexcel and NOCN operate under Ofqual and offer the same qualification so this is purely a matter of which brand you prefer. Pearson is widely recognised in the UK and abroad, however, there is no difference between the qualification content, delivery or assessment.
For the AET, CET or DET courses you can focus on teaching the older, 16+ year old students. This applies to the AET microteach as well as the actual teaching practice for the CET and DET.
Yes, our Level 3 AET course is a BTEC qualification awarded by Pearson Edexcel.