Who should do this Award in Understanding EPA?
The Level 3 Award in the Principles of End-point Assessment is a theory-only unit course. It is ideal for those candidates who wish to gain a better understanding on the end-point process and do not currently meet the requirements for studying the practical unit.
If you have access to two apprentices who you can assess, you can do the 2-unit EPA Award. Once you've completed the 2-unit EQA qualification, you can progress to a role as an end-point assessor in beauty, construction, fitness, health & social care, education and more.
Should I do the CAVA or EPA course?
If you are looking for a more holistic understanding of the assessment process instead of only focusing on end-point assessment, our Level 3 CAVA might be a better fit for you. This course will enable you to assess a range of qualifications in addition to Apprenticeships e.g. NVQ or RQF courses.
This EPA online course is good for you if you wish to learn about assessing Apprentices in the UK across a range of sectors for example, beauty apprenticeships, social care apprenticeships etc
Why choose ELN for the EPA theory course?
- Unlimited Personal Tutor support - live 1:1 video tutorial for induction
- ISO 9001 and ISO 29993 certification - quality assured for your peace of mind
- Live Tutorials on Zoom with Peer Discussions
- No Hidden Charges
- Group Discounts - email on [email protected] straight away
- Pearson Edexcel accreditation - one of the largest Awarding Bodies in the UK and abroad
- Classroom-based in-house 3-4 day course + blended options available
Our core purpose is to help you complete your course so you can boost your assessing career as an independent EPA. We are waiting to help you! Contact us or connect on the webchat today!
Course Credits: 3
Course Duration: 3 months
This EPA Theory only course is perfect for you if you don't meet the requirements for the practical unit currently or don't have access to two learners doing apprenticeships.
Regardless of which specialist area you operate in, you can study the Level 3 Award in the Principles of End-point Assessment and get an understanding of how to assess apprentices in your specialist area.
Suitable for EPA for beauty, construction, business administration, retail, hospitality etc
The Level 3 Award for End-point Assessors course is available for all candidates who fulfil the following criteria:
Age range: 19+
Core skills: There are no formal entry requirements for this training course however candidate must have reading and writing skills in order to complete the assignments on this course.
Access to Internet using a laptop / pc / tablet using up to date Windows, Android or Apple operating systems.
Your course Tutors
As well as being ELN’s Training Manager and Internal Quality Assurer, Mark is also a tutor at ELN. He has amassed over 25 years of training and quality experience, within the Post-16 education and training sector, working in various roles for organisations throughout the UK, Middle East, Asia and Africa and continues to provide External Quality Assurance services for Ofqual and CCEA regulated Awarding Bodies and organisations within the UK. Mark has numerous qualifications across several sectors and holds professional memberships with the ILM, CMI, CQI, IRCA, SET, CIPD, SIA, IOSH and IIRSM. He has amassed over 23 years of training experience, working with all organisational levels, creating, promoting and delivering training solutions in both the public and private sectors, working throughout the UK, Middle East and Africa. He holds numerous qualifications in learning and development including the Diploma in Education and Training, Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement, Certificate in Leading Internal Quality Assurance and the Award in External Quality Assurance.
Units and Learning Outcomes
- Know about end-point assessment concepts and principles
- Outline regulatory and legislative arrangements for end-point assessment
- Explain the purpose of end-point assessment
- Outline key processes and principles of end point assessment
- Describe how to ensure diversity and equality is at the centre of practice
- Understand how to assess apprentices using end-point assessment
- Explain the range of assessment methods that can be used for end-point assessment
- Compare end-point assessment methods to those used during on-programme delivery
- Explain how assessment methods can be adapted to meet the needs of apprentices
- Explain how to judge whether apprentice work is sufficient, authentic and current
- Explain how to ensure assessment decisions are • Reliable
• In line with the component criteria
- Describe best practice when recording assessment, in line with regulations and legislation
- Understand the process of planning for end-point assessment
- Explain the importance of planning meetings
- Outline who should be involved in the planning meeting
- Describe what information should be made available during the planning meeting
- Explain how planning can minimise risks
- Analyse how planning may differ for face-to-face and remote assessment
- Understand the importance of communication during the end-point assessment process
- Explain the benefits of pre-assessment briefing
- Summarise the importance of communication styles
- Describe how to build rapport and trust
- Explain how to ensure clear and consistent language throughout the assessment process
- Understand the process of quality assurance in end-point assessment
- Describe quality assurance arrangements within the scope of end-point assessment
- Describe the enquiries and appeals processes
- Analyse how quality assurance maintains integrity within the sector
- Understand the role of continuous professional development for end-point assessors
- Describe continuous professional development activities
- Evaluate the importance of continuous professional development
7 x short theory assignments