L3 Conflict Management Course Overview
Who should do this Delivery of Conflict Management training?
This Level 3 Conflict Management qualification is suitable for meeting the requirements of the Security Industry Authority (SIA) for those delivering training in the Private Security Industry. It is also suitable for anyone seeking to train in any type of conflict management course in the hospitality, corporate or administrative sectors.
For more detailed advice and guidance on SIA Trainer Training click here.
Is this course part of private security trainer training?
- This qualification is chosen by trainers who wish to teach SIA-related security courses.
- The Level 3 Delivery of Conflict Management Training is also suitable for other candidates working in customer-facing roles with a higher risk for conflict.
The Level 3 Conflict Management Training falls under the remit of Skills for Security, the standards-setting body for the security business sector. The ELN Level 3 Delivery of Conflict Management is approved by Pearson Edexcel.
Why choose ELN for your Conflict Management Training?
- Unlimited Personal Tutor support - live 1:1 video tutorial for induction
- ISO 9001 and ISO 29993 certification - quality assured for your peace of mind
- Live Tutorials on Zoom with Peer Discussions
- Interest Free Monthly Instalments - get full access to the course and tutor on first payment
- No Hidden Charges
- Group Discounts - email on firstname.lastname@example.org straight away
- Quick Certification - due to Direct Claims Status with all our Awarding Bodies
- Pearson Edexcel - the largest Awarding Body in the UK and abroad
Click on the live webchat below or Click here if you have any further queries, we're waiting to help you achieve your training goals!
Delivery of Conflict Management Course Credits: 5
Delivery of Conflict Management Course Duration: 6 months
This course will enable you to teach conflict management in a variety of settings including SIA courses e.g. Door Supervision, Security Guarding, CCTV Operations etc
In order to become a SIA Trainer you will also need the Level 3 Physical Intervention course.
Delivery of Conflict Management Training Requirements
Age range: 18+
Core skills: There are no formal entry requirements for this training course however candidate must have reading and writing skills in order to complete the course
Access to Internet using a laptop / pc / tablet using up to date Windows, Android or Apple operating systems.
You must have 3 years of frontline experience if you are doing this as part of your SIA Trainer Training
A level 3 or 4 Teaching Qualification, for example:
To become a security trainer you must also complete the Level 3 Delivering Physical Intervention.
Assessing Private Security Qualifications
You will also require the following qualifications according to the Ofqual guidelines if you want to assess security training courses:
You must have a Level 3 Assessor qualification such as the L3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment, a theory-only unit, which does not require any prerequisite or experience.
On the other hand, you can also choose to study the Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement which requires at least two learners who you can assess via observation, classroom tasks, Q&A, etc. As a security trainer instructor or assessor, this could be the L2 Physical Intervention practical assessment (part of the Door Supervisor course), the simulation exercises done as part of the Close Protection Course, or even the CCTV operation exercises done during the CCTV course.
Becoming an SIA Internal Verifier
To verify or quality assure security training courses, you not only have to be an experienced SIA Trainer or owner of the center but you must also have a Level 4 IQA qualification such as the L4 Award in Understanding IQA of Assessment, a theory-only unit. This is being stated to you as per the Ofqual requirements.
You can even register for the L4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment instead if you already have 2 or more SIA trainers and assessors whose delivery and assessment you can quality assure. This course boosts up your career with IQA being compliance-heavy in the security industry. Therefore, it's better to get fully qualified rather than take the risk of having unqualified decisions overturned after an inspection.
SIA Trainer Course Brochure
Would you like to read in more detail what the ELN Level 3 DCM course entails? Download our course brochure now!
L3 Delivery of Conflict Management Course Outline
- Know how communication can be used to solve problems and reduce the likelihood of conflict
- State the importance of positive communication as a way of reducing the likelihood of conflict
- Identify how managing customer expectations can reduce the likelihood of conflict
- Identify the differences between assertiveness and aggression
- State the importance of viewing a situation from the customer’s perspective
- Identify strategies that can be used to solve problems
- Know the factors that influence human responses in conflict situations
- Identify human responses to emotional or threatening situations
- Identify factors that can trigger an angry response in others
- Identify factors that can inhibit an angry response in others
- Know how to assess and reduce risks in conflict situations
- Identify the stages of escalation in conflict situations
- State how to apply dynamic risk assessment to a conflict situation
- State the importance of following employer policies and guidance in conflict situations
- Identify measures that can reduce risks for people who may be involved in conflict situations
- Know how to communicate effectively and de-escalate conflict in emotive situations
- Identify how to use non-verbal communication in emotive situations
- Identify how to overcome communication barriers in emotive situations
- Identify ways of defusing emotive conflict situations
- Identify how to work with colleagues to de-escalate conflict situations
- State the importance of providing exit routes and space when dealing with an angry person
- Know good practice to follow after conflict situations
- State the importance of accessing help and support following an incident
- Identify the benefits of reflecting on and learning from conflict situations
- Identify the benefits of sharing good practice and contributing to solutions to recurring problems
- Understand the principles of scenario-based conflict management training
- Explain the principles of scenario-based learning
- Explain the benefits of scenario-based learning
- Be able to plan and design scenario-based conflict management training
- Design effective session plans that apply the principles of scenario-based learning
- Design effective scenarios
- Justify the design of session plans and scenarios
- Be able to deliver scenario-based conflict management training
- Deliver an effective session that applies the principles of scenario-based learning
- Maintain a positive and safe learning environment which promotes interactive learning
- Facilitate interactive and participative learning involving the whole group
- Debrief participants to provide maximum learning for the whole group
- Describe different methods that can be used to verify that learning has been effective
- Know how to evaluate own performance
- Evaluate effectiveness of own delivery
- Evaluate effectiveness of session plans
- Evaluate effectiveness of scenarios
L3 Delivery of Conflict Management Course Outline
Unit 1: Managing Conflict in the Workplace when Dealing with Customers, Service Users or the Public
8 x short essay style assignments followed by a short multiple choice assessment
Unit 2: Delivering Scenario-based Conflict Management Training
Microteach of 30-mins including:
1 x microteach lesson plan, scenario-design (including participant briefs), tutor feedback, peer feedbacks, self-evaluations for the delivery, session plan and effectiveness of scenarios.
All assignment templates will be provided.
Real reviews by students like you!
L3 Delivery of Conflict Management Training FAQs
You can do the Level 3 DCM course with any prior teaching qualification of Level 3 or above.
Yes, if you can comply with the COVID-19 guidelines currently in place then you can go ahead. For more details please see our COVID-19 Assessment Strategy.